Finally finished with this. I think there were enough things about it that I wasn’t quite happy with that helped to drag this out longer than necessary (well besides being busy), but it came to the point where it had to be finished or it just plain wouldn’t be. As it is I’ll probably tweak a few minor things later.
Here we are slightly past the first awkward-looking colors phase. I like to block the figures out so I can check for gaps against a uniform bg color, then I start filling in the background itself. There’s not a lot of color variation, but it’ll look more interesting when I start rendering the shading etc. But for now, the largest color blocks are dropped in, and I did some quick lighting cues to work off of later.
I think I am finally content enough with the inks to call them done for this page. Yup. I may adjust a few things yet but that’ll work itself out during the coloring phase.
Finished the new and improved Sam for this panel. I think i’ll finally be happy enough with the inks for this page soon.
Now it’s time for alcohol.
I’d kinda stalled out on this page a bit because some things were bugging me (well, and I was drawing other things). I decided to redraw Sam in this panel, for starters.
This panel has been a lot of fun to work on, and I think it’s about done. Maybe. *nod*
Just working on this a little bit because it was a long weekend, and it’s been a while.
One of the best thing about doing digital art is you can move your tools all over the dang place but they never roll off your desk, or get stolen by your cat.